Last night the school board unanimously confirmed the unanimous vote of the
Materials Reconsideration Committee to keep on the shelves of our school
the What's Happening to My Body Books for Boys and Girls.  It was a two
month ordeal and I could not have gotten through it without support from
this list, from the Vermont librarians, the ALA and the People for the
American Way!  The Committee voted to recomend that the book be in the new
middle school (to open next year)_ be kept on the shelves here now K-6 till
June, and kept in the K-4 school that this will become as of September
(that part was not unanimous but 9-2)  They also recommend that we purchase
more growth and development books age appropriate for the earlier
grades--thanks to you all for your help and support
Trish Feld from Waterbury, Vermont, home of Ben and Jerry's

LM_NET Archive Home