had several request to post the HIT -- thanks to all that replied.

of all the suggestions received this one came the closest. (see below)

my generalization about the assorted list of lists suggested to me, would be
that most contain non student related topics.  and most of the lists
reviewed concerned USENETS, and other non traditional e-mail listservers.
and generally the student related ones were of the penpal type, and a few
study aide types - apparently there is a void for topic oriented listservers
that serve students, regardless of grade level.

here is the best source I received  for locating lists

        http://tile.net/lists  (the alphabetical by topic seemed the
quickest to browse)

later.

LM_NET Archive Home