Hello group,

My 10-year-old laser printer has reached a point where it needs repair
more than it works, so I'm about to get rid of it.  I need advice on a
replacement.  We looked at a P6 Hewlett Packard and thought that was what
we wanted, but a teacher who had bought one said it's compatible with
Windows and Windows 95 only.  We have lots of DOS programs and my husband
still prefers DOS, so we need one that works with BOTH Windows AND DOS.
We asked the CompUSA guy and he said that the P6 HP was NOT designed (no
drivers) for DOS.

What do you suggest or what have you used successfully?  Following are
some requirements that I would like:

        1.      Prints with both DOS and WINDOWS programs
        2.      Has a BIG memory buffer (because I send a lot of print at once
                and I want to be able to move on to other stuff as it prints)
        3.      Works with a lot of different fonts and graphics
        4.      Laser - Black & White
        5.      Economical to run and to buy

(Am I overlooking anything?)

Thanks!
Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home