Mysteries are one of my favorites, so here are some of my favorite
authors...and by the way it's Patricia Cornwell.
J.A. Jance....writes mysterites that take place in Seattle and Arizona
Sue Grafton...female protagonist from Southern California
Earl Emerson....firefighters and lawyers in the Pacific Northwest
Dick Francis....horse racing in Great Britain
John Katzenbach.....Nazi Jew catcher, takes place in Florida
Steve Martini...lawyer type mysteries
Philip Margolin....some lawyer....Great Northwest
Robert B. Parker....these are the Spenser for Hire books.
James Patterson.....mostly crimes against women
Richard North Paterson...good suspense
Nancy Taylor Rosenberg....law enforcement related.
Mary Higgens Clark
Melissa Cleary....dog mysteries
Susan Conant...more dog mysteries
William Diehl.....multiple personalities

This should be enough to get started on.

Jackie Norris
South Kitsap High School
Port Orchard, WA
jnorris@linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us

On Tue, 31 Dec 1996, Dennis G. Jones 941-773-3147 wrote:

> Dear Friends:
>
> A colleague of mine has recently discovered Cornwall (can't remember the
> first name), the mystery writer, and loves her books.  She has read them
> all and is asking me for recommendations for other writers of mysteries for
> adults.
>
> Mysteries have never been my favorite, so I feel a bit at a loss as to whom
> to recommend.  Would those of you who do enjoy mysteries please share the
> names of some of your favorite authors and/or titles?  There is no time
> factor involved here, so even if you don't read this until after you have
> returned from vacation, please drop me a line.  Thank you.
>
> Dennis G. Jones
> Hardee Jr. High School
> 200 South Florida Avenue
> Wauchula, FL 33873