Our local public library uses the Dynix system, and I use Follett -- I much
prefer Follett's user interface.  There is much switching back and forth on
the Dynix screens, less of that on Follett.  Since I don't work at the
public, I can't vouch for any problems or advantages in data entry, patron
creation, etc..  The Dynix system at the public uses scanners almost
identical to the CCD ones Follett has been selling for the last six months.
 They work very well on both systems. Also, Dynix uses propriatary hardware -
the keyboard is customized to their system commands.  So, from a patron's
standpoint, Follett wins, I think.  See if you can talk with someone who uses
Dynix -- better yet, see if they'll let you enter some data so you have an
idea how the system will respond to you before a choice is made.  Be sure
streaming tape for backups is an option with Dynix.

Hope this helps,
Mark Williams
Colton High School Library

LM_NET Archive Home