I am interested in student home pages too (see posting below).
My concern is more about putting students' pictures and names online. We
were going to do our yearbook in HTML format and let kids and their
relatives access it from home, but I got to thinking that I had heard of
parents objecting to their kids being pictured. Has anyone had experiences
with this? I have seen come kids' writing, art and photos and thought it
must be marvelous for them.

Reactions? Personal experience? ADVICE?

Thanks so much,
Susan
>Date:    Thu, 1 Feb 1996 13:40:00 EST
>From:    Shirley Phillips <sphillip@ACCESS.K12.WV.US>
>Subject: Student Home Pages on the Net
>
>My library staff would like to make their own
>   home pages and add them to our school home page.
>   I have some reservations, primarily concerning
>   their value and allowing any other student in
>   the school the same privilege.  If any of you
>   have a policy in place, concerning this matter,
>   please share it with me.
>
>Thank you very much.
>
>Shirley Phillips
>-------------------------------------
>Name: Shirley Phillips
>Braxton County High School
>
>E-mail: sphillip@access.k12.wv.us
>Date: 02/01/96
>Time: 13:40:00

Susan Dermond, EFL Computer Resource Center
Education for Life Foundation/Ananda School
14618 Tyler Foote Rd., Nevada City, CA 95959
efl@oro.net

LM_NET Archive Home