        The following quote was in the New Hampshire Union Leader today.
Governor Steve Merrill has insulted all of us. Please email him at
nhgov.@nh.com, and tell him what Media Generalists do in schools today.
It's interesting to note that Gov. Merrill, and the State Board of
Education turned down the Goals 2000 money, and are proud of it. It's
obvious he is really
out of touch with what is going on in today's schools.

 FEB. 1, 1996 Union Leader Pg.A 12 article titled "Merrill Says Claremont
Lawsuit 'Having Trouble' under subheading "Stringent Standards".

        Merrill acknowledged there are now 90 schools that don't meet
minimum standards as set by the state Board of Education.
        He said they could all lose funding, but "55 of them don't meet
standards because they don't have a media generalist-back in my day they
used to call that the audio-visual aide person. My guess is that 75
percent of the students themselves could handle that job because
they probably know more about the technology of today then whoever
they get to be a media generalist"
Thanks for your help.
Gail Grainger      Media Generalist     Chesterfield School
gail.grainger@top.monad.net   phone 603-363-8301
or
Chest.Sch.Lib@top.monad.net   fax  603-363-8406

LM_NET Archive Home