JOB OPEN NOW FOR DAY SCHOOL LIBRARIAN K-8

SINAI TEMPLE BLUMENTHAL LIBRARY
SINAI AKIBA ACADEMY DAY SCHOOL
10400 WILSHIRE BLVD.
LOS ANGELES CA 90024

Sinai Akiba Academy is a Judaic K-8 day school with a full general studies
and Judaic studies program.  The Blumenthal Library is a well staffed library
which serves the Sinai Temple community, the pre-school, religious school and
high school programs and is especially committed to serving and supporting
the Day School.

We currently have an opening for a full-time Day School Librarian for an
extended year schedule.   While this position is open now and we would like
to fill it soon, we will
also consider good candidates who might not be available until the end of
this current school year.

The person we want will have either an MS/MLS or a California LMS Credential,
will have a strong background in library, experience in education and be
enthusiastic about working with children and proactive in working with
teachers.  Our candidate will also be familiar with computers and their
quirks and excited about working with our online catalog and emerging offsite
research capabilities.   Familiarity with Audiovisual resources is helpful
and since we are a Jewish day school, some knowledge of Judaism is a plus.
 Most of all, we're looking for a high energy person  who will enjoy working
with our dedicated and capable team of passionate library people to make this
the best library program possible.

Responsibilities will include working with classes, reference service,
training teachers in using OPAC and Internet, collection analysis, and a
great deal of outreach to and interaction with the teachers in integrating
curriculum planning with classroom work, providing enrichment resources, etc.
 The candidate will work with the school administration in determining their
goals and how the Library can achieve them and with the Library staff in
getting the work done.  Another part of the job will be helping to supervise
the Library Aide who supports this position.

Salary:      Negotiable depending on credentials and experience
To Apply:  Fax resume to Rita C. Frischer, Director of Library Services
                                      310-474-6801
                or Mail to above at 10400 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles 90024

LM_NET Archive Home