Dear all:

I ask for your help!

I am doing a copyright presentation tomorrow morning and as I was going over
my notes and masters at home, I cannot find my nifty one-paragraph statement
on teacher use of rented or purchased video tapes in class.  Everything else
is run off and ready.  I am not talking about legal taping of off-air
programs (the famous 10 day/45 day stuff from broadcast channels) but rather
a teacher renting or a department buying a commercial video and using it once
(unmodified) in class as an activity relating to the teaching of the work.
 (Class has finished Romeo and Juliet, see the Zifferelli video, notes
differences between text and video, takes test).  Reward uses are of course
prohibited., as are multiple uses and editing, or charging admission.

Does anyone have handy a brief, to the point statement covering the gist of
the guidelines covering commercial videos that I could synthesize and
reproduce for the audience at this presentation.  It needs to be short, since
my time with them is really limited, and (does this sound familiar?!) I need
it today, since I'll have to take it to an all-night copy place to run off
the 50 copies I'll need tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m.

Any help would be appreciated, and TIA!

p.s. I cannot access the lm_net archives, where I know this exists in some
form.

Mark Williams
Librarian
Colton High School Library