I have a networked DOS ETHERNET, NOVELL 3.1 LAN in the Library. The 34
networked stations are AST 4/25. We want to connect all of these machines
to the Internet (Netscape browser) ASAP. Right now we go through the
switch board (dial 9) to access the Internet on our stand alone computer.
What would be the cheapest way to connect our LAN to the Internet? Is
coaxial cabling out of date? Do I need an ISDN modem? Do I need a router?
I am interested in hearing from others who have a networked computer LAN
and are satisfied with their access. Also if you could direct me to an
article that discusses LAN connectivity to the Internet I would appreciate
it too.
Gloria Baker
gjbaker@unixg.ubc.ca

LM_NET Archive Home