As far as cataloguing software is concerned, if you want to do it easily in
house, and have all of the Dewey and Sears things figured out, then nothing
can be compared with Mitinet/MARC for making your job of creating a full
MARC record correctly and easily!  I've been using it through its several
versions and I'm here to tell you they even have an update coming which
includes a spell checker!  Bliss!
I can create a MARC record in any format I want, just by using templates and
changing them to fit my needs.  The manual is clear and simple to follow.
The new version with the spell check is going to come out in April, I
think,but give Hank Epstein a call.  1-800-854-6272 and he can fill you in.
Hope that helps.
Sr. MV
--
Sister Mary Veronica,CHS      "Give what you have to someone -
Xavier High School             it may be greater than you dare

LM_NET Archive Home