Our district is planning to network buildings soon.  We are in the process
of interviewing candidates for technology coordinator so we don't have the
professional expertise we need just yet.  Anyway, the School Board needs
ballpark figures for our priority items.  Here's my question; I know with a
fiber optic backbone we don't have to worry about cabling needs for data,
video and telephone, but if we can't go with fiber how many copper lines do
we need?  I've heard that we need 10baseT level 5 copper, but does one such
cable serve phone, data and video transmission?  Thanks for any information
you can give me. Please reply directly to the above address.  Geri Nynas

                            Park Rapids Middle School
                               113 East 3rd Street
                              Park Rapids, MN  56470
                           0309prms@informns.k12.mn.us