Thanks to the generosity of one of our parents we had some new computer
tables made for the library.  We had to disconnect our networked machines
to move them and install the tables.  When we had everything put back and
the network connectors connected again I had trouble getting the network
to come up but after fiddling with the wires I succeeded.  I used it all
day yesterday and logged out last night.  When I put the machines on
today no network.  No amount of fiddling with the wires has helped.  Even
the machine on my circulation desk that wasn't touched and is the 1st in
the chain does not come on.  Does anyone have any suggestions I could
offer to the parent who is coming over at 5 p.m. c.s.t. to see if he can
figure it out?  We have no tech support and I would have to pay
for someone to come in so want to try everything first.

Any thoughts on the subject would be appreciated.  I shudder to think of
writing all the checkouts on Monday.

TIA,

Jan

Jan Selby, Librarian * Columbia Catholic School * 817 Bernadette Drive *
Columbia, MO 65203 * 1-573-445-6516 * jselby@mail.coin.missouri.edu

LM_NET Archive Home