One of my students thinks librarians are geekier than math teachers....

12 of us from school went out to a restaurant one Friday night, and this
student saw us there. When he told another teacher about it the next
Monday, he was stunned that he had seen the librarian. "Mr. C., even the
librarian was there! I thought they stayed in the library all of the
time. " He just kept saying "Even the librarian...."

In the cafeteria the other day I saw him and said "So, Jeffrey, you like
(the name of the restaurant). "
        "Yeah."
"Well, you never know who you might see there."
        "I know. Math teachers, maybe. But the librarian!"

I never thought math teachers were more exciting.....

Cheri Estes
Detroit Country Day Middle School
Beverly Hills, MI
estes@oakland.edu