From:   Bill Wallace[SMTP:mds@RT66.COM]
Sent:   Friday, February 09, 1996 7:55 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list LM_NET
Subject:        Burger King Mentality

        The signing of the communications bill once again brings out the
BURGER KING MENTALITY. If I cannot have it my way, then it is wrong,
unconstitutional, or evil.
        The communications bill has surely opened up a huge can of =
worms.
But here is my two cents worth on the subject. It doesn't take a rocket
scientist to be able to judge the difference between the Fetish home =
page
and art on the Louvre home page. Granted that there are many other =
sources
of text and graphics that have much less clear lines to make a =
judgement.
        But society does have a right to say enough is enough. One of =
the
increasing problems of a larger and larger population is that greater
restrictions are bound to come. The only other course (in my opinion) is
increased anarchy. The world is not BURGER KING. Everyone cannot have it
THEIR WAY. At some point a consenus of what is accepted must be reached.
        It is quite possible that a Home page of worth either artisic or
intellectual substance may be lost. But if it gets rid of 90% of rank =
porn
of the net, society and children will be better off.
Bill Wallace
Cybrarian
Manzano Day School
Albuquerque, NM