-- [ From: Cheryl Sturgeon * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Our technology committe is working out a plan and the subject of keyboarding
keeps coming up.. The high school principal thinks we should teach typing to
the 4th grade.  He wants everyone to touch type BEFORE reaching high school.
 The elementary teachers do not have the time to make from the curriculum or
the skills to teach it.  Please let me know how this is handled in your
district.

I am also searching out any articles, studies, etc. on this topic.

As a non-traditional typist I think that it is not a necessity and those who
 are feel it is essential.

Cheryl Sturgeon
Highland Local Schools
csturgeo@ohio.net