We are a k-5 school and started teaching keyboarding on a big scale last
year to fourth and fifth only. It was so popular it was extended to the
third grade this year. We are using the Herzog method - two weeks intensive
1/2 hour each school day and then the teacher brings the class ad lib to
continue the book and to practice. No special computer program is needed,
the students use Claris Works or any wp program that they wish. Herzog is
in Arizona. Other schools in my district use the program type to learn
starting in second grade.

Joan Chase
Oak Terrace School Media Center
240 Prairie Ave