I would like to thank everyone who responded to my plea for oxymoron
examples.  By far, "military (or army) intelligence" was the most-often
suggested.  The teacher who originally asked me about them told me just
today how much she was enjoying reading over them. She said she first heard of
oxymorons in a speech, and now she knew what they were (and had
lots of examples) she wished she could hear the speech again.

For those of you interested in finding oxymorons, try the following web
site mentioned by a couple of people:
    http://www.intermarket.net:82/laughweb/canonical.lists.oxymorons.html
I was cautioned that some oxymorons listed here may not be appropriate for
young children.

Also, two books were mentioned: 1) Freezer burn: Oxymorons and other
contridictions of everyday life by Vilensky, Holmes & MacNelly, and
2) Jumbo shrimp and other almost perfect oxymorons, by Warren S. Blumfeld.

Again, thanks.  I knew I could count on you!  Carol
---
Carol Burr              burrc@ten-nash.ten.k12.tn.us
Goodlettsville Elementary
514 Donald Street