Hello all,
    Does anyone know or use the video "Shadow of Hate?"  It chronicles the
history of violence and hatred expressed towards various ethnic and
religious groups in the U.S.  What grades did you use it with?  I have
teachers who wish to use it with 3rd grade and I think it is too graphic and
violent for young children.  It is not in the library.  One of our teachers
obtained it.
    Also, I asked once before and didn't get any responses, so I thought I'd
try again.  Can anyone suggest any materials, programs, etc. that we can use
with our students to combat prejudices against those students perceive as
"different" in any way, particularly materials or instruments that will let
us "measure" student attitudes before and after implementing any
"intervention" program?  We _really_ need this material for our
accreditation process.
   I would deeply appreciate any help you can give me.

TIA,
Jo Proctor
Topeka, KS
jproctor@kspress.com