Sorry to post this to the whole group , but I lost the original
questioner's address.
The answer to who said SHAZAM to make it a magic word is Captain Marvel
from DC comics.  His alter ego is ayoung boy named Billy Batson who is a
student and a radio announcer in Fawcett City, U.S.A.

The word SHAZAM transforms him into Captain Marvel (also known as the Big
Red Cheese)  Shazam stands for>>> The wisdom of Solomon, the strength of
Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the power of Zeus, the courage of
Achilles, and the speed of Mercury.  Take the first letter of each name
and Shazam.
As side note s Batson was granted the power by an ancient wizard named
Shazam via a covenant with the Gods.
His first appearance was in Whiz Comics #1

If thats not enough info I could tell you more.
As for now
TTFN
Steven Burstein
Parkman Middle School