I don't do a library newsletter- our principal puts one out once a week
and I often add something to it.  But last year we got school wide e-mail
and it's been wonderful for PR. I set up "groups'- by grade level,
interets, whatever I want and send out 5 -6 messages a day to folks
telling them about books, or anything else they might be interested in.

Everyone loves to get e-mail and most folks actually read it!

                           Guusje Moore
                 Librarian, Housman Elementary School
                           Houston, Texas
                          guusje@tenet.edu