Dear LM_NETers  I am in desparate need of assistance--Tech support hasn't
helped and we can't figure out what's wrong.  I have a MAC8500/120 and
have tried all week to logon to an internet service provider I have the
Open Transport 6 doc. version1.0.6 in the extensions, PPP in the control
panel, config PPP is there too.  When I log on it seems to make the
connection with configPPP then when I open Netscape it says Netscape is
unable to locate the server.  The server does not have a DNS entry.  No
amount of changes seem to help and the "Techies" listserv that my tech
support tried to ask can't seem to help either.  (By the way I downloaded
Open Transport 1.0.8 and that won't do it either.)  Can anyone help?
This has become the frustration of the entire vacation week 8-( TIA.
Please reply direct to me.

fdaley@saturn.caps.maine.edu    Boothbay Harbor, ME.04538
Teaching lifelong learning through the power of information!

LM_NET Archive Home