I heard him speak and he said his name rhymes with the soft drink
Fresca...it sounded like shesca when he said it.  Hope this helps.  I
think it's wonderful when publishers include the pronunciation of the
author's or illustrator's name on the dust jacket.  In some cases it
would even help to know if the authors is a male or female.  I am sure
that Jon Scieszka could come up with clever way of doing it.  I think his books
are the only ones that students actually read every portion of the dust
jacket.

Linda E. Miller
Wyngate Elementary
Bethesda, MD.