I am interested in finding the most dynamic professional programs in the
U.S. for "cybrarian" training.  My Library Science degree is '73, plus I
always take  numerous classes and go to conferences to keep current.
However, I am excited by the Net and all its possiblities.  The present
information access/exchange revolution will change our lives forever.
I'd like to get in contact with professional program personnel who are
addressing these issues.  What new classes are being offered these days?

Also, this is my second posted message on LM_NET.  I have already
received info on my request from yesterday.  You all are wonderful!  The
Net is bringing me so much worthwhile info and along with it
encouragement, because we have all "been there once or more times" when I
read about the dilemmas you are encountering.  Pre-Net, our pain was our
own.  Now problem-solving is globally quick,ranging from the wisdom of
the ages to local inventions. Think of the power of our collective
intelligence!!!  Maybe... "librarians" or whatever title you prefer will
gain new power with the electronic age or will we be thought unnecessary
as so many cuts are occurring.  The computer is thought to take the place
of books.  Sorry this is so long.  I got carried away.  I think you know
what I am getting at.  Thank you for everything.  Darlene

LM_NET Archive Home