Where is Hill from?

Funny, if memory serves me correctly, he was involved in the ed specs of
our new school a few years ago.  And yes, our library will have room for two
classrooms, an attached computer lab, a CCTV facility and editing
capabilities.

Sue Weiss
Ballard HS Librarian
Seattle, WA
(206) 281-6010
sweiss@cks.ssd.k12.wa.us

On Tue, 27 Feb 1996, Alice H. Yucht wrote:

> In the January 1996 issue of SCHOOL BUSINESS AFFAIRS,
>  Dr. Franklin Hill "one of the U.S.'s most influential thinkers on
> educational change and facility design" is interviewed on
> strategic thinking on facility design.  Among his comments:
> "...schools are now being built virtually without libraries
> because the entire school is becoming a dynamic, library-like
> information system.
> ... traditional empires may be threatened.  Libraries...can be
> smaller,... an unhappy thought for a traditional text-dominated
> librarian."
>
> Who does he think is going to teach all those kids and
> teachers how to navigate through these information systems?
>
> But remember, this is what the administrators read and hear...
> from their gurus.  We need to get involved with these discussions,
> on THEIR turf.
>
> comments?
> Alice H. Yucht
> <yucht@pisces.rutgers.edu>