Well, a teacher at my school invited me to read Silicon Snake Oil, and I
happily obliged.  At least, through the first 3 pages I was happy.  Then
the sheer one-sidedness, rampant generalizations, and arrogant diatribes
of this book made me so hot under the collar, I couldn't read past
Chapter 3.  (After Chapter 2 I went to my teacher friend and whined about
how I didn't think I'd make it through, but he begged me to keep going,
so we could discuss the book afterwards.)  So, I slogged through Chapter
3, but that was it for me.  I went back to him and said, "Why don't you
just tell me about the issues he raises, and we'll discuss them from there."

I wish the book had been a more balance discussion of the pros and cons
of unrestrained superhighway effects; it would have made a much more
provocative read.

Shellie Mueller
smueller@eagle.esd189.wednet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home