-- [ From: Cheryl Sturgeon * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Dear LM-Netters,
I'm hoping for some clarification about a book I found on our K-5 shelves
recently.  I missed it two years ago in a general weeding before automating.

The book in question is DON'T FORGET TO FLY :A CYCLE OF MODERN POEMS
COLLECTED BY PAUL B. JANECZKO.

We apparently acquired it in 1980 - about 3 librarians back.

The CIP has it cataloged as Children's poetry,American.  I checked on the
Clevenet on-line catalog and apparently the Cleveland Public Library also
has this cataloging, but it seems not to be located in the children's
section of the library.

Please see if you have it on your shelves and let me know if you would keep
it in a K-5 library.  Does removing it constitute that
dreaded word "censorship" or just "sense"?

E-mail me personally or to the whole group.  You can also e-mail me if you'd
just like more info about this book.

Cheryl Sturgeon
Highland Local Schools
ssturgeo@ohio.net