I'd like to update those helpful LM_Netters who responded to my question about
networking World Book. Our network manager has upgraded the server software and
is finding increasing stability in World Book. As we add other CD's to the
CD-ROM tower such as InfoTrac, we are testing it with students using the
library computers. If the system is going to crash they can do it. We are still
having problems but were told by the equipment vendors that their problems were
solved by using a very high quality cable between the server and tower. One
high quality cable is on order. We'll see. A World Book rep read my question
and offered to help. We will contact him after we have tried the cable
solution.

As to my request. I am searching for information about resource-based learning.
I have searched ERIC, NCREL, and ENC as well as posting the question to
AskEric. Most of the few references I have found have been projects in
Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain and Canada. I contacted Mike Eisenberg to
see if he had any suggestions but he thought the best source may be LM_Net. I
would like to learn more about the model in the hopes of using it in our high
school. If any of you can help, it will certainly be appreciated.
Carol Orchard, librarian
Danville Local Schools
Danville, Ohio
orchard@kenyon.edu