On Wed, 3 Jan 1996, jeremy duncan wrote:

> The o0ther day the http was posted for the cybercourse on the introduction
> to the internet. Could someone re-post this address for me? Thanks in
> advance!

  You might want to simply check the LM_NET Archives:

FINDING THE LM_NET ARCHIVES AND RELATED INFORMATION

             This is an update of previously posted
     instructions for locating the LM_NET Archives. (8-95)

THE LM_NET ARCHIVES, ETC. ARE AVAILABLE BY WEB AND GOPHER

   The LM_NET Archives and other interesting related information is
   available at the AskERIC Woirld Wide Web and Gopher site.

   The URL for the "Webbed" Gopher site is:
       gopher://ericir.syr.edu:70/11/Listservs/LM_NET

   Another way to find it is to use your telnet to go directly there,
   and then, by going through a series of menus, you will reach the
   LM_NET Archives.  (Of course, you can Gopher there as well, port 70.)

   For example: Telnet to the AskERIC Gopher:

   1. Telnet to> ericir.syr.edu
   2. At the login prompt, type: gopher
   3. At the TERM=(vt100) prompt, press: return key (or enter your terminal
      type), and then enter your name at the request.  You will then be
      given the following menu:

              Welcome to The AskERIC Public Access System
        Providing Resources and Services Related to K12 Education

Please make a selection from the choices below...

       1. Access The AskERIC Virtual Library via GOPHER
       2. Access The AskERIC Virtual Library via WWW
       3. AskERIC a Question (MUST INCLUDE RETURN ADDRESS IN MESSAGE)
       4. Mail AskERIC with Comments about this Service
       5. Exit

Your choice [1,2,3,4, or 5]:

-----

   4. Select choice: "1. Access The AskERIC Virtual Library via GOPHER"

      LM_NET is found by moving through the following directories, which
      are given as menu choices through the Gopher menu:

 -->  AskERIC - (Educational Resources Information Center)/
   -->  Education Listservs Archives/
     -->  LM_NET/
          [And there you are!]

-----
   (For example, Telnet and log-on to AskERIC. Then you first must
   go into "The AskERIC Virtual Library via GOPHER", then choose
   "Education Listservs Archives", then "LM_NET", and you will enter
   the LM_NET section, which includes the discussion Archives, the
   LM_NET Directory, the Skills Indexof LM_NET Mentors, and other
   interesting information.)

Happy searching!  (It is a lot of fun to see what has been posted there.)

 Peter Milbury, Librarian                           pmilbury@ericir.syr.edu

      <A HREF="http://wombat.cusd.chico.k12.ca.us/~pmilbury/lib.html">
       Peter Milbury's School Library & School Librarian Web Pages</A>
Chico High School, Chico, California 95926               Voice: 916-891-3036
   Co-owner of LM_NET:  "gopher://ericir.syr.edu:70/11/Listservs/LM_NET"
     Serving 5,000+ In the School Library Media Community, Worldwide

LM_NET Archive Home