Happy New Year to all of you great netters....

You have all been so helpfully altruistic in our mutual quests for knowledge....be
it immense or trivial...and I join with the rest of you who are benefitting from
our common pools of knowledge in this sharing of information...

For those of you who have read recently the book, SILICONE SNAKE OIL, and want to
continue in quest of where we are, where we are going in regard to technology  (and
  if we want to go!)  as it relates to our world of *the library* you might want to
take a visual walk through a book I just finished called FUTURE LIBRARIES: Dreams,
madness & reality by Walt Crawford and Michael  Gorman  (published by the ALA, c.
1995, cost $25.00)

Be interesting to see some discussion ensuing about these two thought-provoking
reads.......

BTW, I have been enjoying everyone's Holiday reading list and (as well as the above
two) I thoroughly enjoyed the Pulitzer Prize winner,  STONE DIARIES  and the
wonderful  CHRISTMAS BOX.......

Keep on reading.........

Jerrian the Cybrarian

Jerri Linke      Media Director    WHS      Willmar, Mn.\
linkej@willmar.k12.cfa.org

LM_NET Archive Home