On Sun, 7 Jan 1996, Nancy Ellis wrote:

> I am trying to locate a book entitled "The Geranium on the Windowsill
> Just Died, And Teacher You Just Went Right On!"  I am pretty certain that
> it is out of print, but wonder if anyone knows where I might find it.  It
> is chock full of amusing anecdotes about teaching.  TIA Nancy Ellis

I have that book on my shelf.  It is the only book I can recall that our
former director asked us to take out of general circulation.  It seems
that many teachers were highly offended by the treatment of the student by
the teachers in the poem.  I wasn't offended.  I circulate a lot of
poetry, and it hasn't gone out in the 4+ years I have been at this school.
You might try a used book dealer who specializes in out-of-print books, if
this one is indeed out of print.

Sorry, you can't have my copy!  Good luck.

Audrey Glick
Monroe Traditional Middle School

aglick@freenet.columbus.oh.us

LM_NET Archive Home