I agree wholeheartedly about the value of an inventory.  I like to do it in
the fall before the start of school.  This way I can replace lost  or damaged
books, catch those glitches, and answer the question of whether a book was
on the shelf at the beginning of school.  Most importantly, it sets the
collection in my mind again after the summer vacation.  If I do the inventory
at the end of the year I lose that advantage.

Bev Sadoski
bevs@muskox.alaska.edu

On Thu, 11 Jan 1996, Audrey Irene Daigneault wrote:

> I have always found doing an inventory valuable.  It is the only way to find
> your books that are lost in the library, judge the shelf condition of your
> collection,  discern where replacements are needed,  and this hands -on
> experience with your collection really puts into your head what you have on
> the shelf.  I may not be a reliable as the computer but I can get to the
> book faster if I don't have to look it up to find it.  I see classes on a
> fixed schedule and I could never get to the computer for everything.  Audrey D.
> Audrey Irene Daigneault  email: adaignea@groton.k12.ct.us
> Pleasant Valley Elem. School Library
> 380 Pleasant Valley Road
> Groton, CT  06340