Pam, yes, we are doing this, and not in the future, but right now. Information
on some of our authors can be found in our "Big Busy House" -- the address is
http://www.harpercollins.com/kids/

Also, in the next day or so, HarperCollins will have an internet subscription
to specifically serve teachers and librarians.  You can subscribe by sending a
message to lists@info.harpercollins.com.  Leave the subject line blank, and in
the text, type: subscribe childrenslibrary

I'll be happy to provide author information on this subscription.  Do please
keep in mind that I am the only person servicing it, so it will take me some
time to gather information and add it on.  But if you'll be patient and let me
know which HarperCollins authors and illustrators you're especially interested
in hearing about, I'll do my best to get you the information you want. If I get
just one request for biographical information on one author, but ten for
another author, I'll give the latter priority.

I hope this helps.  Feel free to spread the word.

Catherine Balkin
Library Promotion Mangager
HarperCollins Children's Books
catherine.balkin@harpercollins.com
-----------------------------------
I think you are right about not overwhelming the author personally, but a
great intermediate step would be for the publisher to put
up a web page for your authors with some basic information.  Lot's of
teacher's and kid's questions would be answered with just that.  Are you
pursuing this avenue for the future?

I'm sending this message to you and to the group because I think a lot of
us would appreciated having publisher's author information available on
the Internet.

Pat Wamsley (patw1@muskox.alaska.edu)  |{ancient Chinese blessing/curse}
wk: Colony HS Library (907) 746-9538   |
hm: 3700 Spruce Top Circle             | "May you live
    Wasilla, AK 99654 (907) 376-8854   |         in interesting times!"

LM_NET Archive Home