        I had the librarians at my local public library going crazy today,
and then it occurred to me that if anyone could help me, it would be my
colleagues on LM_NET.  I read a good book this winter, and when I wanted to
recommend it to a friend, the title completely slipped my mind.  It involves
a plane carrying a man suspected of having a dreaded plague, and no country
wold grant permission for the plane to land.  I do remember that the book
had a red and black cover! Does this sound familiar to anyone?
        Thanks, all you helpful people.

                Sharon Mondschein
                Librarian, I.S. 364
                Brooklyn, New York