Hi Kate and LM_Netters,

This is my first post to this listserv - hope my message finds you.

I am using a trial copy of Webwhacker. You are permitted to use the software
for 30days or 20 'whacks', whichever comes up first.

I found that the software worked well, however it did highlight the fact
that I need more RAM.  I practiced with 'Learn the Net' (a free online
tutorial for non-commercial users). I haven't used many online tutorials
about using the Net but I think that this one is quite impressive.  If you
are interested you'll find it at http://www.learnthenet.com/

There is a tutorial which I advise you look at first.  Some personality
types like mine however may not heed this advice and may inadvertently end
up downloading 'half' the internet.

Cheers,

Fran

Fran Hughes
Cairns, Australia
email: fhughes@ozemail.com.au

At 07:27 4/07/96 PST, you wrote:
>Has anyone used the WebWhacker (sp?) software to pull together various
>sites, save them, and use later for teaching/research?
>
>I understand the theory behind WebWhacker but haven't tried it.
>That might solve the copyright problem (you're taking the whole thing) and
the unruly connections problem.

>Kate stirk
>stirkk@juno.com

LM_NET Archive Home