Do you know if there are any online school books in use? I mean a book with
a printed version from the printing house and netpart of it online
including links, possibility for feedback, special newsgroup for the book,
good, fresh updating of the content, online exercises for instance on
present subjects etc ...

We have made one of that kind for Finland's schools. It's a normal book of
geography for secondary schools. "Colourful America" is the name of the
book - written by geography teachers. The online version of it will be in
it's pilot use in Free-Net Finland, a network for Finland's schools, next
semester. We'll make it ready during the next month.

I'd like to read of similar innovations.

Youl'll find it (sorry, still just in Finnish):

http://www.freenet.hut.fi/wsoy/varikas_amerikka/

Heikki Korpinen
Free-Net Finland

LM_NET Archive Home