On Sun, 7 Jul 1996, Donna Baumbach wrote:

> books in my life and in my profession, and I love the challenge of
> figuring out what fits when and where.  I also understand that may be
> different for different people.

I agree, Donna. Technology is a *tool* that makes education better if
used appropriately.  I fear that a few may feel that technology can solve
our problems if we only have "enough".  Unless it is integrated into
already good teaching and learning situations, we may have some difficult
transitions ahead.  For example, videos are *wonderful* teaching tools if
chosen and used effectively; however, they are a disaster if they are
used to occupy a class so the teacher doesn't have to teach and the
students sleep.

                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home