My apology John ! I thought when the letterhead of the Indiana
Department of Education was placed on a document, that that was a sign
that it came from the DOE,,,,,my fault!

If what John says is true ,,,,,,actually is totally true,,,,

1. then would someone please explain to me why as Media Director, I have
no access to the AUP Statement for Mooresville????? (and we are one of the
most progressive corporations in Indiana (3 Librarians, 6 aides, and 2
Technology Coordinators))....What about the small Indiana schools with
0 Technology Coordinators and 1 Librarian ?????

2. would someone please quote the percentages,,,,,
a. of teachers that actually know what an AUP Statement is?
b. of librarians that know what an AUP Statement is?
   1. of librarians that know they will be held liable for the AUP?
   2. of librarians that can be dismissed for not following school policy
      and the school policy may be the AUP Statement?
   3. of librarians that know what their AUP Statement is?

Forgive me, but if I am going to have legal action brought against me or run
the possibility of losing my job or run into challenges and censorship
,,,,,,then I would like to know !!!!!

Forest For The Trees-The just of what I was saying was that Librarians may
want to consider putting the AUP Statement into their Challenge Policy,
because with conservative and fundamental groups out there,,,,,,,The
Challenge Policy may be the only protection the Librarian can have.
I didn't mean to cause trouble, but I just want to make sure Librarians are
protected !!!

Dick Ramey

LM_NET Archive Home