Dear Nutmegers:
Just got back from the rally for the initiatives at AASL in NY and I am
rarin' to go.  The national total is 24 million plus and it's a long way to
go to a billion.  We know that there is lots of reading going on out there.
 What we need is reporting of the amounts.  This is not about counting books.
 It is about the importance of reading in kids' lives but we make our point
as we count up those large numbers.  If you could read the accounts that come
in to us about the effect reading motivation programs are having in some
schools and libraries, you would be very touched.  Soooo, what this is
leading up to is, if you have not joined Count on Reading, do so...we need
you.  If you have joined up and have not sent a count, do so (it's easy to
just e-mail the number along with your name, school and town (in CT) to:
ShellyBell@aol.com.  If you have done the above two things, thank you!  Let
me hear what you are doing and we will publicize it in our newsletter, coming
out in the fall.
Shelly Seantor, State Coordinator, CT  Kids Count on Reading

LM_NET Archive Home