Fellow LM_NETers, I would like to TARGET CD-ROM resources which might be
better accessed on Internet.  Infotrac will be requiring two bays on CD-ROM
towers to offer full text data.  The single disk which is now available for
microfiche will be phased out this fall.  An alternative will be Infortrac
via Internet at about the same price. Why tie up the tower?  To complicate
the issue, Electric Library offers a similar service on Internet. I think
it is better in some ways (no bibiographic only citations) than Infotrac's
beta version on Internet. I am also seeking comparisons between
Britannica's CD and Britannica Online.  Thanks for your summertime
feedback.  Jim Collins

James L. Collins, District Librarian
Wheatland School District
P.O. Box 818