In this time of tight budgets, if textbooks are fully funded to put one in
every child's hand, then something else suffers (most often library
materials).  I do not see the value of having 175 copies of the EXACT same
information in a school.  We need to teach children to THINK and to take
responsibility for their own learning.  We must have much more diverse
materials representing many points of view and differeing opinions.
Children need to learn ot sift through information and determine what best
meets their needs.  Textbooks are NOT the authority on every topic.

_/   Linda Slacum                _/
_/   Cherry Hill Middle School   _/
_/   2535 Singerly Road          _/
_/   Elkton, MD  21921           _/