I really pushed for laptop purchases in two different schools that I
worked. Most of my experience was with teacher checkout and it was
constant. Teachers embrace the idea of having something of their own to
take home and use at their leisure. The two problems I encountere ith
teacher checkout was there not getting it back within a week or ay specific
time period and not cleaning up their mess. I suggest a shortlist of
guidelines called "computer etiquette" attached to each checkout. Te
student checkout ws in a middle school and had parent involvement. Imade up
a short form to be signed by a parent indicating they understood the
responsibility and would supervise use. Keep the checkout to weekeds or
short periods with specific needs. i.e. papers to type, etc.  Morrilm

LM_NET Archive Home