Let's say I have a question that I need an answer to............

So I send my question out to the entire list..................

And some people answer my question - and send it directly to
me....................

But others answer my question by replying to the entire list............

Some want to know the answer, so they send me a response, saying -- if you
get a HIT, let me know, too..........

But I notice that so many people are replying to the entire list, that people
who never wondered about the answer to my question are getting the response,
over and over again, filling up their screens............

And I wonder if this is why some people bail out of LM_NET after a short
time, because they get tired of constantly deleting repetitive answers to
questions they don't care about....................

But in any case, to try to cut down on this kind of response, I decide that
from now on, if it's a question that I'm just asking for myself, and not one
of those philosophical conundrums, I will paste a line in at the end that

Please respond to me directly --- if there is sufficient interest, I will
post a HIT.............

LM_NET Archive Home