I just found out Tuesday that one of the elementary buildings in my district
was the target of arson this past weekend...specifically the learning
center.  Damages are estimated at $250,000...which includes about 1/3 of the
center's materials and books.  15 computers were destroyed by smoke damage.
I haven't talked with the learning center director yet, but knowing her, I'm
sure she's devastated by this.  I'd like to be able to give her some words
of comfort -- not just from me, but from the "world at large" too, and show
her what a marvelous group of people comprise this group.  Any advice you
can give her regarding cleanup/salvaging procedures would help too.  The
director's name is Shirley, but post the replies to me and I'll print all of
them out for her.  Thanks for your help.  BTW, this school is just across
the field from my school and I can't help thinking/worrying that it could
have been me in this position right now.

LM_NET Archive Home