Hi,

Does anyone have any comments about Governor Pataki's New York Wired plan?
I wonder if $500 isn't still a lot of money to wire six classrooms in a
tiny school like ours (K-8, 200+) where a major schoolwide technology
update is years away. All I want right now is a telephone outlet--I'm not
even asking for a phone--in my library.  Would getting involved in the
NYW plan be too much of a good thing, not to mention more work than I need?

Am I being too cynical when I see it as primarily a major photo op for the
governor?  There's so much gushing on the Web page...

Thanks for whatever asap.

Kathy Hintz                     Hintz@vaxa.sunycgcc.edu
Librarian, Etc.
St. Patrick's School
Catskill, NY                    Still the Land of Rip Van Winkle

LM_NET Archive Home