MacWarehouse is good, but you might also check with Apple.  I bought my
computer directly through an educator purchase plan, and the service I
received was great.  About a year after buying my Mac, I was moving and
rearranging things on my desk.  When I got my computer back together, I
switched it on but the screen stayed black.  After trying everything I could
think of, I called Apple's tech support and explained the problem -- it
turned out I had burned out a circuit or something.  But here's the great
part:  it was one week past the 1year anniversary of my purchase, meaning
my warranty had expired (I didn't get the extended one) but the service
rep said not to worry.  They shipped a new monitor that day, and by the
next day I had the new monitor in place, and the old one shipped back free
of charge!  It didn't cost a penny, and I only lost a day of worktime.  I don't
know how IBM or the clone companies respond, but Apple sure impressed
me.

LM_NET Archive Home