Does increased network-wide access to the Internet via an ISDN line lower
the priority of CD-ROMS served by a tower?

The circumstances:
      My high school is a small, private one for girls--560 students.  The
annual operating budget for the library is also small.
      Thanks to a major fundraising campaign my high school library is being
completely renovated this summer.  The original plan called for putting a
networkable modem with four phone lines.  This would have made the World
Wide Web accessible to any computer in the library or in the neighboring
computer lab, only four users at a time.  Now the plan has been changed to
put in an ISDN line with a router for a greater number of simultaneous
users.  I think it is great but  I am rethinking the original plan to put in
a seven-tower drive.  We  need two slots for the only CD-ROM service we have
that has a network license (the magazine index.)   Every computer station
has its own CD-ROM drive and so it has been effective to check out CDs
through the library    A four tower drive will serve, and a second one could
be added later, should it be needed.  (One 7 tower costs more than 2
four-drive towers!) It will be very hard, if not impossible,  for this
school to meet the annual expense needed to support other network CD-ROM
sources, such as biographical and literary indexes.
     Please, those of you that have both  CD towers and widespread access to
the World Wide Web, how are they used?  Given the constrictions of annual
budget, which takes precedence?
Carol Ann K. Winkler
St. Louis, Mo.
winklers@inlink.com