        Have you ever though about working on an island in the Gulf of
Mexico just an hour from Houston?  Galveston Island has a refurbished
Opera House which offers programs ranging from our local symphony
orchestra to Broadway shows; the local public library is magnificent; the
Historical Foundation is very active; there are many live theaters in the
area.  This is not an island paradise--we do have problems--COME, help us
solve them.

        Our district has one middle school position available in a newly
networked library with a 14 bay CD-ROM tower, 600 students & a full time
clerk, and 3 elementary positions--one will be full time with no
clerk(maybe), the other two will split 2 school libraries (with clerks).

        Contact Dr. Pat Williams, Personnel Director, Galveston
Independent School District, P.O. Box 660, Galveston, TX 77553
(409) 766-5100   She is looking for  certified school librarians with a
willingness to embrace technology as part of the library solutions.
The elementary positions have been vacant for this past year.

            Susan Fishman    Librarian   Weis School    Galveston, TX

LM_NET Archive Home