Our students love to use Encarta, but it is driving me CRAZY. Quite often
when you close the program, it partially disappears, but leaves a giant
chunk of it's window on the screen, then when you try later to open it
again, it will usually say that there isn't enough memory. Each of our
computers has 8M and Encarta only requires 4M. There is nothing else open
at the time this occurs, so we can't close other programs to make more
memory. Usually we just have to restart the computer, but sometimes even
that doesn't work. The problem is especially bad when students try to play
the Mind Maze portion of Encarta. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Gayle Hodur
ghodur@redshift.com

LM_NET Archive Home