No, I don't think we should "dump" our problems on our predecessor. It's
not very professional and it's also a very good way to burn all your
bridges. The library world and the education world (esp. if you aren't
moving out of state) is to small and anything you say can and most likely
will come back to haunt you sometime in the future.

I think the most professional thing to do is to tidy up all the loose
ends, leave some helpful hints for your sucessor and then walk away and
don't look back.

Sometimes what is intolerable to one person is just fine to another. I've
taken over positions that other people hated and had a wonderful time.
Sometimes personalties just don't click.  And when one is in the midst of
job burnout, it's very difficult to think clearly and act rationally.

                           Guusje Moore
                 Librarian, Housman Elementary School
                           Houston, Texas
                          guusje@tenet.edu